Breakfast during weekdays are such a hurried affair, that I barely get time to experiment and relish what is prepared! It is during the weekends when I really get into the mood of creating something interesting and new for breaking the night long fast.
I had been eyeing Priya's Custard Pancakes for a while now! But since hubby isn't fond of pancakes, I usually opt to make something which both of us enjoy... hence kept postponing the plan. But today, he had to step out early morning on some errand and gladly opted to eat at his fav Idly joint, as I had not cooked up anything yet :P
And as I usually like my breakfast a little later in the day after casually sipping on a hot cup of coffee and basically lazying around :P ... I grabbed this opportunity to cook myself some delicious pancakes! :) Yummy in my tummy! :D
All Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
Custard Powder - 3 tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 3 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Vanilla Essence - 2-3 drops
Walnuts - 1/4 cup, small pieces
Butterscotch chips - 2 tbsp
Honey - to garnish
- Sift together the flour, salt, powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add milk little by little and stir to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan, smear oil all over it and pour a dollop of batter in, allowing it to spread out by itself, or gently help it spread out into a smooth round.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and butterscotch chips on top.
- Once bubbles appear on top of the pancake, flip it over and allow to cook on the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Transfer onto a plate, pour on some honey and enjoy it warm! :)
The crunch of the walnuts and butterscotch and the fluffiness of the pancakes, teamed up really well and the overall texture was a delight to munch on :) You could add on any other topping of your choice.