Ever since I made parathas out of kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves, I have been wanting to make methi parathas with fresh methi leaves! I have no clue what was stopping me till now!! Walking the healthy diet route for a while now and learning of the health benefits of greens,... I have a sudden desire to include a lot of it in my diet, and so have been dishing out dishes that are wholesome and healthy.
So methi leaves made their way home a few days back and now there was no reason why I shouldn't make parathas out of them! :D
The process of pulling out each leaf out of the bunch and cleaning them was the only time consuming part of the dish. But the end result was delightful.
Verdict: The parathas made out of fresh methi leaves is by far more flavourful than the ones made out of kasuri methi! :)
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Methis Leaves - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 2-3 tsp
Sesame Seeds - 2-3 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - as needed
- In a dry pan, roast the cumin seeds and sesame seeds for about 2 minutes or until they turn slightly brownish and emit a beautiful flavour.
- Take off the stove and keep aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, methi leaves, salt, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the roasted cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and then add in water little by little and a little bit of oil, to make a firm dough.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes, covered.
- Make smaller balls of this dough ball.
- Dust the work area with a little flour and roll out each dough ball into flat rounds.
- Roast them on a hot griddle with a little bit of ghee.
- These flavourful parathas taste super yum as is or with pickle.