Monday, May 26, 2014

Chocolate Muffins with White Chocolate Chips [Egg-less]


Yay.... so the great news is... I got a new Oven! :) I have been baking in a microwave all these days and now finally I realise how wonderful it is to bake in an OTG. While baking in my good old 23 ltr Elextrolux microwave with convection mode, I didn't have anything to compare with and hence I was happy with the outcome. Eventually, I just felt the need for a bigger oven and after hearing from fellow baking enthusiasts about how good an OTG is for baking, I decided to get one for myself. And now.... when I do have something to compare against, baking in OTG is absolutely delightful as compared to microwave baking! Oh, the texture of the baked products is simply flawless and wonderful in an OTG. And I had to constantly play around with the settings of the microwave to achieve that perfect bake (not too brown crust, yet fully baked inside...etc!) and with an OTG, its so hassle free!! :)

Yes, OTG is the real deal when it comes to baking! Considering my passion for baking we went for a 52ltr Morphy Richards! Huger than my microwave, but such a joy to bake with :) Just about 4-5 bakes old, and am already in love with it :)


So, this chocolate muffin recipe was my first new recipe that I tried out in the OTG.  The ingredients of this recipe was what caught my attention. Like my other cake recipes, this too is eggless. But what surprised me was that usually eggless recipes (at least the ones I have come across) used curd or butter or condensed milk instead. But this one uses none of these!! The ingredients are the most guilt-free that I have come across till now and the resultant cake is so good, you would not guess it was made with such simple ingredients!! Try it :)

I was all excited after we bought the new OTG, that I had purchased a few more cake pans to experiment with. These two little muffin trays were so adorable, I couldn't NOT buy them!! :)  So instead of regular sized muffins, I made mini muffins just so that I could use my new pans! :)



Makes: 22 mini muffins
Adapted from here.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 20-25 mins

Ingredients
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 3/4 cup
Coco Powder - 2 and 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
Cold Water - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
White Chocolate Chips - a handful.


Method




  • In a mixing bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and mix together to ensure no lumps are formed. Then add sugar and salt. Mix well.
  • In another bowl, mix oil, cold water and vanilla essence. 
  • Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Combine well until the sugar dissolves. 
  • If you would like some choco chips in the batter too, add some choco chips into the batter and combine well.
  • Pre heat oven to 190o C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
  • Just before you transfer the cake batter into baking tray, mix in the lemon juice and stir well. 
  • Now, spoon out the batter into muffin liners in the baking tray. Only fill up to 3/4th the capacity of the liners. As the muffins bake, the liners will get filled up. sprinkle a few choco chips on top.
  • Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. 
 
  •  Take out the muffins from the baking tray and cool them on a wire rack. Once cooled, they come out off the liners easily. Enjoy them :)


Ah... so that is my new oven baking away those little mini muffins :) Isn't that a pretty sight!!? :)

I found these muffins taste way better the next day! The flavours had incorporated well. So, I just you make some extra and enjoy some the next day too. If you like them warm, just microwave them for a few seconds in the microwave before you eat them the next day.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Nandita,
    Pride in the Kitchen!!!!!OTG elevates your mood to bake perfectly.Searching your blog for a baking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nandita for your new oven. It looks majestic. Now I feel the need to change mine too, and get one with bigger capacity. Your muffins look stunning, gooey, chocolaty and so beautiful with white chocolate chips scattered all over. Lovely recipe and eggless too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete