Saturday, July 9, 2016

Cinnamon Coffee Marble Cake



Oh, Hello there! :)

Life has been very busy on the personal front. Blogging took a backseat for almost a year now. Well, a tiny little human has taken priority over everything else in my life currently :) Yes, I have been blessed with a beautiful baby boy in February this year and my routine as you can imagine is nothing like it was before he came by :)

Here is a snippet of how my life has changed since my boy arrived: Baby-steps into Mommyhood.  



Thankfully, my little is cooperative and I am able to pursue my hobbies in between my busy schedule with him. I have taken a liking to sewing lately and have been creating little somethings for my munchkin. From crib bedding sets to pyjamas to patchwork quilts. I love trying my hands at my new found love of sewing whenever I find time. 

Hence, blogging has been pushed away for a while now. I do get to bake on occasions and cook up some fancy dishes. But I couldn't really bring myself to sit and update this little space lately. 

However, finally here is a recipe I truly wanted to share with you all. I baked this last week for a mini family together. Its a marble cake with the flavours of cinnamon and coffee dancing in harmony. 



The flavour of coffee and cinnamon goes so well together, if they were a couple, they would fare high in a compatibility test!! :D

It's simple, easy and quick to put together. Trust me, your guests will be pleased to be welcomed with such a pretty cake! :) Go ahead, bake this up and make your loved ones happy! Happy Baking :)





Makes : 1 Loaf

Ingredients

Cinnamon Cake Batter

All purpose flour/Maida - 1.5 cups
Thick Curd/Yogurt - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp

Coffee Cake Batter

All purpose flour/Maida - 1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
Thick Curd/Yogurt - 1/2 cup 
Sugar - 1/2 cup 
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup 
Coffee Powder (Instant) - 1 tbsp


Method:

  • Pre-heat the oven at 180 deg C.
  • Prepare a baking pan, by lining it with baking paper and greasing it with butter and flour.

Cinnamon Cake Batter
  • In a mixing bowl, beat the yogurt and sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves in the curd.
  • Add baking powder and baking soda to this mixture and mix well.


  • Set aside this mixture for 5 mins until small bubbles appear on the surface.


  • Add vanilla extract and oil to this mixture and mix all the ingredients well.


  • Add the flour in parts and gently fold in the batter until there are no lumps and no more dry flour is seen. Sprinkle the cinnamon powder and mix well.


Coffee Cake Batter

In another mixing bowl, prepare the batter for coffee cake follow the similar process as in the cinnamon cake batter, except, instead of adding plain flour, sieve together cocoa powder, all purpose flour and coffee powder and then proceed onto preparing the batter until no more dry flour is seen.


Layering Cinnamon Coffee Marble Cake
  • In the prepared baking tray, pour dollops of the cinnamon and coffee batter in patches. 
  • Using a toothpick, gently mix in the two batter, to create a marble look.
 
  • Bake the cake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

          No comments:

          Post a Comment