Spotted those little baby potatoes lying in the basket and for the gravy I remembered the coconut milk I had picked up at the store earlier that week. So teamed up the two along with some spices and voila... a brand new dish, which every one loved at the dining table! :) It was a good combination and I had mentally book marked the recipe for a second attempt sometime later, with some tweaks.
So, for this month's Magic Mingle, the ingredients are Potatoes and Cumin. Both of which are in this dish that I had created. Only this time, I gave cumin a major share holding and cut out some other spices. I liked today's version even better than the first attempt! :) Its flavourful, yet mild and yum!
Baby Potaotes - 12-15
Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1 tbsp
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi - 1 handful
Pepper Powder - a dash
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1tbsp
- Boil the baby potatoes, peel off the skin.
- Mix well. Using a fork, poke holes in each of the potatoes so as to allow the spices to get inside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add in the coconut milk and dried fenugreek leaves.
- Mix well and then switch on the stove and allow to cook for not more than 2 minutes on medium flame. Coconut milk is not to be cooked for too long, as it thickens very quickly.
- Sprinkle a bit of pepper powder if you want extra spice, as the coconut milk would have reduced the spice level of the potatoes.