Friday, August 26, 2016

Basil Pesto Pasta




Oh, I LOVE Pasta! 

If you have seen my posts on pasta you will know that I get experimental with the sauces. I love trying out new combinations and flavours. 

Pesto Pasta has been on my to-do list for ages and I have no clue why it kept getting postponed to later. One reason was I didn't want to use ready made pesto, I wanted to make my own. But considering how easy making pesto sauce is, I still remain clueless why it took me so long to try it out! :P

Well, anyway... so finally I got to making my own pesto and the next step of course was cooking up the much awaited Pesto Pasta! :)



It turned out to be so delicious that I think I might have just found my new favourite pasta flavour! Yayyy! So herby, so flavourful and so very yummy! If you have the pesto in hand, it only take like 20 minutes to out this dish together.

I had plenty of time on had that day, so baked a loaf of bread and made Garlic Bread out of its slices to serve with my pesto pasta! It was a winning combination. DO try it! :)




Ingredients:

Pasta - 2 cups
Pesto Sauce - 4 tbsp
Capsicum - 1 large
Baby Corn - 4-5
Onion - 1 large
Olives - 4-5, sliced
Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
Italian Seasoning - to taste
Salt & Pepper - to taste


Method:




NOTE: If you are using freezed pesto, remember to bring it to room temperature and then combine the grated cheese into it, before using it for the pasta.
  
  • Cook the pasta in hot water as per instructions in the packet, drain and rinse in cold water. Allow to cool.
  • Meanwhile, in a pan, heat oil and saute diced onions.
  • Once done, add in the cubed capsicum and baby corn. Cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
  • Toss in the pesto sauce and fresh cream and mix well. Allow to cook for a further 5 mins.
  • Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and mix well. Add the salt, pepper and seasoning. Combine all the ingredients together. 
  • Toss in the sliced olives on top and gently mix once more.
  • Serve with garlic bread.




NOTE: If you like a more creamy consistency, you may go ahead and toss in a bit more sauce and cream into the pasta towards the end and add in a bit more seasoning accordingly. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook on low flame for a few minutes.




I served the pasta with slices of garlic bread :)


No comments:

Post a Comment