Yay! My healthy-cooking mood is going good... here you go, I have manged to pull off another dish that is healthicious! :)
After a good start with Sprouted Moong and Mayo Sandwich I dished out this simple veggie wrap that is wholesome and filling. Recently I have taken a fancy for mayo and mustard sauce, and try to bring in some new flavours to regular ingredients, by adding in these two. And yes, it works quite well!
These wraps can be whisked up in half an hour and are very filling and nutricious. I chose a very simple filling here and since I like my veggies with a bit of crunch, I just stir fried them with a little olive oil. You can go creative with the filling and try different combinations.
For the wraps:
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Flax seed powder - 1 tsp
For the filling:
Potato - 2 small, boiled
Onion - 1 medium
Cabbage - 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1 medium
Olive Oil - a dash
Tomato Ketchup - a dash
Mustard Sauce - to taste
Mayonnaise - to taste
- Mix together flax seed powder, wheat flour a pinch of salt and required quantity of water to make the dough for the rotis. Set aside.
- Slice all the veggies lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan and toss in the onions and allow to caramalise.
- Once the onions turn slightly brownish, add carrots. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, toss in the potatoes and cabbage. Add salt. Stir well.
- Squeeze in a dash of tomato ketchup to bring together the veggies and now mix well again.
- Switch off the stove and set aside.
- Prepare rotis that are a measure bigger compared to the regular rotis.
To assemble the wraps:
- Place a roti on the work board/plate and place some lettuce leaves in the middle.
- Scoop on two heaped spoons of the stir fried veggies over the lettuce leaves.
- Squeeze on some mustard sauce and mayonese.
- Fold the side of the roti that is towards you (to make sure the bottom of the wrap is covered and no filling drops out) and then gently but firmly roll the roti from right to left to make a tight roll.