The past few days witnessed me rummaging through website for simple baking recipes. Found quite a lot and bookmarked them too. But hey, I have always been an experimental cook and find it inconvenient to follow pre-written recipes to the dot. I just love to do the dish my own way, by taking just basic idea of the recipe. So, after much contemplation and planning, I took in some basics of measurement of the various baking ingredients and voila... came up with this recipe.
Proudly presenting to you my first baked delight, as I take baby steps into my baking odyssey! :) :) Can't believe they came out so well! Am loving it!
Maida/All-purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
Strawberry Syrup - to your taste
Milk - 1 tbsp
Milk - 1 tbsp
- Preheat microwave to 180 deg C (in convection mode).
- Combine the sugar powder with the ghee and mix well.
- Now, add flour and baking soda to this mixture.
- Add milk and mix together. The consistency should not be too sticky. If it is, add in a little bit more flour to balance.
- Grease a microwave cookie tray with oil/butter and keep ready.
- Divide the dough mix into small balls.
- Mildly flatten them and place them on the greased baking plate.
- Make sure there is an inch's distance between the tiny balls, giving them space to puff out.
- Make tiny holes on top of these balls and put in two drops of strawberry syrup into each.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 170 deg C.
- Monitor the cookies closely. If cracks start to appear, cookies are almost done.
- Let them brown very lightly and then take them out.
- Upon taking out the cookies, put in a drop or two more of the syrup and let it cool and harden.
- Yummify the warm crunchy munchies!! :)
Sent this recipe to Tinlgingalates
and to Foodelicious