Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Paneer - 1 cup (crushed)
Onion - 1 small (very finely chopped)
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Make the roti dough with wheat flour and water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in cumin seeds. Once they splatter add the finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste and then let it roast till it turns golden brown.
- Add in the chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. Stir well.
- Now add in the crushed paneer into the pan and mix well. Take it off the stove and keep aside.
- Once cooled, make equal portions of this masala and make balls out of them. Keep aside.
- Make medium sized balls out of the roti dough that has been prepared. (tip: let the dough balls be double the size, compared to the masala balls)
- Flatten out the roti dough to about 3 inches in diameter and place one masala roll in the centre. Fold the dough from four sides, flatten it with your hands, dip it in flour and gently roll out the stuffed roti evenly.
- Make similar such stuffed rotis and roast them on a pan over medium flame. Apply ghee and serve hot with Raitha.