Monday, November 5, 2012

Carrot Walnut Cake - Guest post by Farah!

As much as I love playing host at home, I am enjoying adorning the hostess's hat at my little space on the blog sphere too :) But here, instead of me delighting my guests with goodies, they delight me with their special yummies... so all the more better I say ! :D

My guest for today is Farah, from MY COOK BOOK. A cool mommy, Farah is a fun person with some very interesting recipes up her sleeves! :) She is on a healthy-cooking spree and she makes healthy dishes look so goooood. Oh, just peek at these yummilicous Baked Doughnuts and as you drool over them, you will know what am talking about! :D 

Here, she is sharing one scrumptious Carrot Walnut cake. Over to you, Farah! :)

------------------------------------------------------------

This is a guest post (my first one) for my new best friend Nandita Pai :D 

She has an awesome blog named Nans Yum Yums! She has just finished her guest post for my blog....'Go green Pasta' . A lovely creation.

We've just begun our baking adventure together.... I have already bookmarked a few recipes from her blog, I just can't wait to try out!


This carrot walnut cake is 'the perfect' cake/treat for those who are extremely strict about their fat intake! Its got carrots, walnuts and NO butter! Perfect tea time snack :) Hope you guys like it!



INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/4 cup grated carrots
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil ( I used sunflower oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence


Method:
  • Toast the walnuts for about 8 mins until slightly browned and fragrant. Cool and then chop them into small pieces. 
  • In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon 
  • Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs until they are frothy (about 1 min) 
  • Add the sugar and beat till the batter is thick and light coloured (about 3-4 mins) 
  • Add the oil and beat in the vanilla extract. 
  • Add the flour and mix until just incorporated. 
  • With a rubber spatula, fold in the grated carrots and walnuts. 
  • Grease the cake tin and line with butter paper, Pour in the batter. Bake at 180 deg Celsius for about 20- 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
  • Cool for a few minutes and then take out of the tin.

5 comments:

  1. Love it, looks so delicious and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..looks really yummy!!! Feel like grabbing right away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely carrot cake Farah and its so moist and seems to fancy me a lot :) great post and cheers to good friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks simply mouthwatering ...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a healthy and yummy looking fresh cake. Loved it. Great to meet another lovely blogger.

    ReplyDelete