Now, who would not like to munch on something that is incredibly delicious, ridiculously easy to make and also truly healthy snack?! Well, I am always on the look out for such recipes. Being a nursing mum to a one-yr-old, I am always hungry! I need a snack at any hour of the day. And of course it has got to be healthy.
When I bumped into this recipe by Vikas Khanna in a cook book for kids, I simply had to try it out! It seemed to fit the description of an ideal baked snack! Granola bars are just an answer for such hunger pangs! Guilt-free, wholesome and absolutely yum!
I am fond of granola bars and have been meaning to bake my own batch for quite a while now. I am so glad I chose to bake this as my first as it is simply very easy to make. Very few ingredients and quick to put together. I was delighted at the soft yet firm, chewy texture of these bars. So satisfying and oh-so-yummy! :)
So this granola bar is a basic one with just a few add-ons like almonds, raisins and chocochips. You can get creative with your add-ons and put in anything that you fancy... toasted sesame, cranberries, pumpkin seeds... anything at all!
Am sure you will love this recipe... go ahead, get baking! :)
Butter, unsalted - 100 gm
Brown Sugar - 100 gm
Honey - 100 gm
Oats - 300 gm
Black Raisins - 1/2 cup, chopped
Almonds and pistachio (or any other nuts of your choice) - 1/2 cup, chopped
Choco-chips - 1/4 cup
- Line a flat rectangular baking tray with a parchment paper and keep ready.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat until everything has melted into a liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, raisins, nuts and chocochips.
- Pour the melted liquid onto this bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Press well to ensure the mixture is tightly packed together and is flattened.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 20-30 mins or until the top is slightly browned.
- Take out and allow to cool for 5 minutes then using a knife make the slices in the mixture before it hardens. Do not try to take the slices out at this time, the mixture is not yet set and hence the bars will crumble.
- Allow to completely cool and set. Then, take out the mixture from the tray and gently separate the bars.
- Granola bars are ready to be munched on! :) Store in an airtight container.